White sangria has to be one of my favorite summer drinks. I proved this once by drinking an entire punch bowl of it on my own at a pool party (not recommended, do not drink and swim). It’s really that good, so you want to make a lot, except you should probably share.
- 1 bottle sparkling pear cider
- 1 cup white brandy (or more, to taste)
- 2 bottles white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc or a Spanish wine
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups green grapes, cut in half
- 2 fresh peaches, cubed (no canned fruit!)
*Note: the amount of fruit you incorporate depends on how much fruit you like to have in your sangria. I prefer a lot, it adds more flavor and you get to eat it.
- Get a giant pitcher or punch bowl. Mix all the ingredients together, minus the sparkling pear juice. Let the fruit soak in the mixture for a few hours to bring out the flavors. Before serving, add the sparkling pear juice, if you add this too early it will go flat.