Fourth of July Sips & Bites
Celebrate in style! Here are our favorite Fourth of July Recipes that don’t involve dying your food red, white, and blue- because well, that’s just gross.
Delicious Fourth of July Fruit Tart
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- One pint fresh blueberries
- One pint fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg; mix with a fork until blended. Shape dough into a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Divide dough into six portions. Press each portion into a greased 4-1/2-in. tart pan. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice. Spoon 2 rounded tablespoonfuls into each cooled tart shell. Arrange berries over filling.
- In a small saucepan, melt preserves over medium heat; stir until smooth. Brush over berries. Yield: 6 servings.
Layered Red, White, and Blue Shooters
1/3 ounce grenadine
1/3 ounce peach schnapps
1/3 ounce Blue Curacao
Pour the grenadine in a shot glass. Float the peach schnapps on top and then the Curacao on top of that — it will create a layered effect.