Top hats are a easy way to add a sophisticated look to a dull outfit. With just a few simple items you may already have laying around the house you can make a cute accessory. This is a basic hat so you can decorate it to your taste.
- Trace the CD onto the cardboard. One will be the bottom base of the hat and one will be the lower base of the hat (the upper base is the part is directly under the tall part and the lower base is under that). Trace a rectangle using the ruler (10 inches wide and 2 ½ inches tall. This will be the top of the hat. Cut them out.
- Hot glue the ends of the rectangle together. Hold it together until the glue dries.
- Take the rectangle glued. It should look like a cylinder. Trace the bottom of the cylinder in the middle both of the cd circles. Cut the circles out.
- Hot glue the doughnut looking circle and place the fabric over the glue. Press into place. Repeat with other circle. Do not put fabric on both sides Cut off any excess fabric.
- Hot glue over the outer part of the cylinder. Place the fabric over the glue and hold in place. Cut off the excess fabric.
- Glue the cylinder onto the upper base. Put it over the hole make sure it covers the hole completely. Hold it in place until it dries.
- Hot glue on the lip of the lower base. Put desired lace over the glue. Glue the lower base onto the upper base. The lace facing the top
- Trace the top of the cylinder on the cardboard then cut it out. Hot glue and put fabric onto it. Hot glue onto the top of the cylinder.
- Take two pieces of ribbon make sure they are big enough to tie around you head. Glue them inside the hat.
- Enjoy. Decorate you mini-top hat to your desired look.
- When you are putting on the lace or have thin fabic. Do not press down with your fingers. The hot glue will leak and burn your fingers.
Things You’ll Need
- Hot glue
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Make a Basic Mini Top Hat. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.