With September being the month that brings Fall, and The New York Burlesque Festival an apple cocktail & dessert seemed the obvious choice!
The Big Apple Manhattan
- 1/2 oz Wild Turkey bourbon
- 1/4 oz Amaretto Di Saronno
- 1/4 oz Apple Pucker liqueur
- 1 oz cranberry juice
- cherry garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker. Add ice.
- Shake vigorously for 30 seconds, then strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with a cherry.
- 6 large apples (Try: Granny Smith, Winesap, or Rome Beauty) peeled, cored and medium diced
- 6 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Place the apples and just 1/2 of the sugar (3 tablespoons) into a saucepan and cook over medium heat for approximately 10 minutes or until apples begin to soften. Drain them and set aside.
For the crumb topping: Combine the remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, flour, cinnamon and butter in a bowl. Blend with your fingertips until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
Coat the apples with the lemon juice and spoon into a deep baking dish. Top with the crumble mix and sprinkle with the brown sugar, and bake until done, about 30 minutes. To minimize oven clean-up, you may want to place foil under the baking dish to catch any spills. The fruit will bubble and will be very hot, so exercise extra care in removing from the oven.
Serve topped with ice cream.