Fetish model and performer Courtney Crave is not only Texas Pin-Up Model of the Year 2011, as crowned at Hot Rods and Heels, she is a wiz in the kitchen- and she’s kind enough to share her amazing recipes (and their vegan counterparts) with us every month in Cooking with Courtney Crave!
So much was going on with the holidays; spending time with family, avoiding being mauled by mobs while shopping, wrapping gifts, mandatory party appearances. Want to make something yummy and simple to treat yourself for surviving that whole ordeal? Fudge!
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans*
*Nuts are entirely optional, any type of nut will work but I prefer pecans or hazelnuts.
- Take a 9×9 inch baking dish and butter the inside. In a double boiler on medium heat melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips and condensed milk until the mixture is smooth. Take the mixture off the heat and add the vanilla and chopped nuts. Pour or scoop the entire mixture into the baking dish and spread evenly. Let it sit in the fridge about 10 minutes or until completely set. Cut into squares and share with friends! Or don’t, they’ll never know.
Baby, it’s cold outside. And I know some of you like consuming cocktails just as much as I do, but at this time of year I want my hands to be warm. There is nothing glamorous about enjoying a beverage in the mittens your great aunt Mabel knitted you with the little snowmen on them. So I this winter I suggest that you try a classic favorite, the Hot Toddy (also great for fighting off colds, don’t take my word for it, I’m not a doctor, I just dress up like one onstage).
- 1 oz (2 tablespoons) bourbon*
- 1 tablespoon mild honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup boiling-hot water
- Freshly grated nutmeg
*Scotch whiskey or brandy can also be used instead of bourbon.
- Combine bourbon, honey, and lemon juice in a mug or toddy glass. Add the hot water and mix until the honey is dissolved completely. Garnish with a little freshly grated nutmeg. Take off mittens and enjoy.