It’s August- and it is hot! Quench your thirst pool side with these lovely fruity cocktails that can be made in large batches!
• 3/4 ounce (1 1/2 tablespoons) gold rum
• 3/4 ounce (1 1/2 tablespoons) silver or white rum
• 4 ounces (1/2 cup) Zombie Mix (Recipe follows)
• 1 dash Angostura bitters
• 1/4 to 1/2 ounce (1/2 to 1 tablespoon) Myers’ dark rum (optional)
• Garnishes: maraschino cherry, cocktail umbrella
1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Cover, and shake vigorously. Pour into a tall glass filled with ice. Top with dark rum and garnish if desired.
• 2 cups pineapple juice
• 1 cup passion fruit juice or nectar
• 1 cup apricot brandy
• 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
• 1/4 cup grenadine
- 1 1/2 cups cracked ice or 6 ice cubes
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) chilled pineapple juice
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) chilled orange juice
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) chilled fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) dark rum
- Garnishes: pineapple wedges, maraschino cherries, orange slices, lime slices
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, and add juices and rum. Shake vigorously to blend.
- Pour mixture into a brandy glass. Top with a splash of grenadine. Garnish with a toothpick skewered with fruit, if desired.